Weller-Black Wine Celebration

Weller-Black Wine Celebration
A "Wine Cellar Celebration" catered by Chef Robin

Monday, January 9, 2012

FamMenu 1.9 Through1.15

Hey all...well this morning I spent some time thoroughly foraging through my cupboards....-there was a lot in there that I had completely forgotten about! ( I encourage you to do this with your cupboards, fridge & freezer...it's a great money saver! :0) Last week did not go exactly as planned, meal-wise, so you'll see a few things from last week incorporated here...


Monday: Grilled Sizzler Steaks with my homemade steak rub, sauteed shrooms & onions, "Kid scrubbed" redskin potatoes-Ant & Tina helped! Mashed with buttermilk and chives, Organic romaine & Roma TomatoSalad w/Penzey's Ranch ...Made these, too, since my oven is still on the fritz:
http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-no-bake-cookies-137725   pretty good!


Tuesday: Skillet Shepherds pie- made with leftover potatoes from Monday, creamed corn and green beans- not my fave, but the Fam are fans! I'll have to make some of my grandma's special ketchup-mustard-brown sugar meatloaf sauce to go with it!Potato rolls, homemade applesauce.



Wednesday: A lunchtime Hummus Tasting Demo @ Grand Central Market & Deli for me...then home to Creamy Dreamy Tomato Basil Soup, Artisan Grilled Cheesies (a basic grilled cheese- just use yummy crusty artisan bakery bread and 2-3 different cheeses, plus parm on the crusts-golden-delish!) & veggies.


Thursday:  I'll be at the Grand Rapids Children's Museum for a tasty healthy snack demo- so the kiddies will be home with Dad, eating ' Lowfat Chili Verde- a spicy pork & green salsa chili, with some beans added in for bulk, tortilla chips- and MAYBE they will get to watch crazy WIPEOUT! (funny!)

Friday: I SHOULD be at a cooking demo~Vegetarian Specialties~ but at the moment I have low enrollment- so grab your friends and SIGN UP!!! The class will be Vegan AND Gluten Free! (and of course healthy, FUN and delicious!)See the details on the right side of my blog.  Kiddos will have pizza with daddy, or a babysitter:0)


Saturday: Another Tasty Healthy Snack Demo for me @ the Grand Rapids Children's Museum... Then Carne Asada with the Fam... there is a good recipe on Allrecipes.com:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taqueria-style-tacos---carne-asada/detail.aspx.......yum!




Sunday: Spaghetti with  Nana Rose's Italian Meatballs & Sauce, Italian style green beans, Italian Bread




And JUST IN CASE you are all wondering, does she REALLY cook like this for her family every week? The answer is YES I do! AND remember that this is a skeleton of a meal plan...in other words, STUFF happens, and we do not always eat the meals intended for the day, but I have to say that we usually do. Planning helps save time, money and energy. (MY TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY!) For instance, I usually pull everything I have scheduled for meals during the week from the freezer, if need be, and schedule around the local store ads, on Monday Morning or Sunday afternoon.... If I KNOW what is for dinner in advance, I can use my time wisely and get things done and not fret at the last second, OMIGOSH! WHAT'S FOR DINNER?! 
Have a superdedooper week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste of Summer!

Taste of Summer!