Weller-Black Wine Celebration

Weller-Black Wine Celebration
A "Wine Cellar Celebration" catered by Chef Robin

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Well lookie here...an EARLY menu for next week!!!

Amazing to have a little free time...a rainy day in August will do that! The girls  are watching Indiana Jones, the boys are out running errands with Daddy, and I am choosing to forgo cleaning the house- just because!!! :0) (the mess will LIKELY be there tomorrow, for me to deal with!) I am thinking Monday will begin a resemblance of a schedule for myself and the kiddies...this unscheduled Summer business is getting a tad crazy for me! So...earlier bedtimes (for them AND me!!!) and earlier wakeups- getting in the routine of school...starting in just a month. I had some ankle issues, so 15K training was forgone. I am going to push for another 10K this fall, anyone know of a fun one??? Let me know! And PLEASE tell me what is everyone eating this week at YOUR house? Just wondering :)

 Well here is the plan for this weeks menu...

Monday: Seared Bistro Style Sirloin with greens & creamy blue cheese dressing and bacon...baked taters, watermelon
Caroline cookies:0)

Tuesday: Hungarian- style venison stew over creamy polenta , crisp green salad with fresh pickled beets, cukes and vinaigrette, homemade caraway rye bread

Wednesday: Spaghetti and  Nana Rose's old-world italian meatballs, italian style green beans(sauteed with olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, crushed red pepper &  fresh basil from my herb garden), Italian bread

Thuirsday: Grilled Barbecued chicken thighs, cole slaw, homemade baked beans, fruit- cherries, I think!

Friday: Homemade create your own calzones, yum! Movie night! (any FamFave movies out there??? We watched "Radio" last week...a GREAT movie with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ed Harris...Debra Winger AND one of the newer doctor's from Grey's Anatomy, can't place her name...the new head resident this season- Dr. April Kepner!)

Saturday: Really hoping to have some fresh salmon to use my Chef Robin herb rub and dijon maple drizzle on, yum. brown rice, fresh veggies from the farm market, and some delish fruit, too! (love summer produce!) (and Ssshhh, she doesn't know this yet, but Constance is getting an award for most improved reader in her class this year! Congrats, baby!!!)

Sunday: Chicken Galliano for my BIG twelve year old- oh my!!! with sauteed mushrooms, wild rice & broccoli and a carrot cake for my lovie:0) (and STOP growing up, would ya'?!)

So there ya' have it! Hope you all have an OUTSTANDING week!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste of Summer!

Taste of Summer!