Weller-Black Wine Celebration

Weller-Black Wine Celebration
A "Wine Cellar Celebration" catered by Chef Robin

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have 12 jars of local honey...

From My friends at Samantha Ritter Honey. Delish, the BEST and CHEAP! The price has slowly risen now it is $7 for a pint (16 oz) But price that against the stuff at the store (the best, local, organic you can find) and you'll find that it is still a steal of a deal. So...if you want some, let me know, I will arrange with each individual how to get their honey!

 I started using honey as a cough-cure for my daughter, Constance, when she was about 4. She is (as I found out after some trial and error), allergic to morphine....the cough syrup that you get over- the -counter, is made with dextromethorphan - a derivative of morphine...anyway, we started using honey (ONLY FOR CHILDREN OVER AGE ONE< MIND YOU!) and it works great. It sure does taste a lot better too! In the years since, my Doctor's office has only suggested honey for a cough, no meds...funny how nature works best, huh?! :0)

  Here is a great bit of info on the benefits of honey, as well as cinnamon...put them together and you have quite the natural powerhouse of health benefits!

http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/health-benefits-of-honey-and-cinnamon.html

For the adults out there, my friend Roseanne gave me an AWESOME recipe for when you are sick with a cold:

HOT TODDY
1/3 C honey
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
1/3 C whiskey

Heat up in a small saucepan until hot. Sip n' savor!

Enjoy the Michigan DEEP FREEZE I-YI-I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste of Summer!

Taste of Summer!